The Project Estimator is responsible for estimating, planning, organizing, and working closely with the Plumbing
Department Manager to secure profitable plumbing work. The Project Estimator will ensure that all estimates,
bids, and proposals are accurate and delivered in a timely manner. The Project Estimator will track the status of
each estimate, bid and proposal to ensure that all follow-up expectations are met, and customers’ questions are
addressed appropriately. The position will be responsible for establishing and maintaining positive working
relationships with customers, contractors, architects, and designers.
Job duties include:
- Responsible for the preparation of project estimates and developing the pricing for competitive bids in
the pursuit of plumbing projects.
- Analyze project reports, maps, plans and data to determine the amount of materials needed for the
- Responsible for assessing the project, reading blueprints, reports, contracts, and conceptual drawings to
determine the plumbing requirements for the project.
- Establish, build, and maintain strong business relationships with customers, contractors, architects, and
designers to ensure a robust pipeline of potential business opportunities.
- Responsible for submitting, tracking and closeout for all project estimates, bids, and proposals.
- Implements a tracking system that will allow for the effective tracking and reporting on the status of all
estimates, bid and proposal submissions.
- Analyze all project related documents and contracts to determine overall project requirements and
identify any associated risk factors or potential plan modifications.
- Coordinate and review any/all project modifications and provide cost adjustments as required.
- Identifying special requirements necessary to complete the project and ensure that is incorporated into
the estimate, bid or proposal.
- Coordinate with the Purchasing Department on any specialty materials, supplies or equipment.
- Assess post-completion costs versus bid to identify opportunities for bid improvement, cost reductions
and other considerations for future project estimates.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Must have valid Florida driver’s license with clean driving record.
Qualifications and Education Requirements:
Minimum of 5+ years of plumbing experience
Knowledge and proven experience in Florida codes
Ability to review blueprints, specifications, and contracts to assess project requirements and costs.
Experience in developing plumbing project bids/estimates.
Proven ability to creatively solve problems and manage multi-tasks.
Strong knowledge of plumbing design, equipment, and system operation
Ability to Work Under Minimal Supervision
Advanced computer skills with knowledge of Microsoft Office including MS Word, Excel, and Google Sheets
Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills are required